Spring is not far off and it’s time to start making plans for the 2017 garden year. The Ewing Community Garden Association will meet Wednesday, February 15, 7:00 p.m. at the Ewing Township Senior and Community Center, 999 Lower Ferry Road.
Our agenda will be:
- Review of the Good Garden Neighbor guidelines
- Update or re-approve garden bylaws
- Elect Garden Council members
- Review of the plot sign-up process for existing gardeners
The Fall Clean-Up at the Ewing Community Garden would not have been possible without the help of the more than twenty College of New Jersey student volunteers who joined gardeners to clean out compost piles and weed and beautify the community areas of the garden. Teams of students were lead by gardeners, Bob Ellis, Dorothy McMillan, Pat Mulligan, Meg and Stuart Rich, and Karen Serach. Thank you to all the gardeners who worked to clean their plots and get the garden ready for winter.
There will be a meeting on Wednesday, August 31, 7:00 p.m. at the garden (Ewing Community and Senior Center, 999 Lower Ferry Rd, if it rains). This is an important meeting to organize work teams for the fall garden cleanup on Saturday, September 17. We are fortunate to once again have student volunteers from The College of New Jersey helping us with the clean up, and we need gardeners to lead work teams to have a successful work day. Hope to see you in the garden.
The agenda for the meeting is:
- Planning informational sessions on composting, irrigation, companion crops, soil improvement, and types of gardening (perennial, vegetable, flower, square foot, intensive, etc.)
- How to handle excess produce (community table, compost or giveaway)
- Garden issues/questions needing community attention. We will start a list of gardeners interested in taking over abandoned plots. If you cannot make the meeting and want to be on the list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Weather permitting, we plan to meet in the garden in the community area behind the kiosk. There is limited seating, so please bring your own lawn chair to be comfortable. If the weather is inclement the meeting will be held at the Ewing Senior and Community Center.
See you in the garden.
Attention Ewing Township Resident Gardeners!
Mayor Bert Steinmann Announces
The 2016 Registration For Garden Plots At The Ewing Community Gardens On Whitehead Road Extension Will Begin In March In The Office Of The Clerk, 2 Jake Garzio Drive, Ewing, NJ 08628
The Plots Are $5.00 Each And You Can Purchase Up To Two Plots
MARCH 1st, 2016 Registration Will Open For Previous Year Plot Holders
MARCH 15th, 2016 Registration Will Open For New Applicants
OWNERS OF PLOTS IN 2015 WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO RESERVE THEIR SAME PLOTS FROM THE PRIOR YEAR
If There Are Still Plots Available On April 15th, 2016 You May Purchase Additional Plot(S). Please Call The Clerk’s Office At (609) 538-7608 To Find Out If More Plots Are Available.
- You Must Be Present To Buy Your Plot(s).
- You Must Be A Ewing Township Resident (Proof Of Residency Is Required) No Exceptions!!!
The Official Opening Of The Gardens Will Be Weather Determined And Announced Later In The Season.
For Information About The Ewing Community Gardens Association Email Ewingcommunitygardens@Gmail.Com